Extra! Extra! Be an "extra" when the cameras roll August 19!
Come one, come all! Admission is free.
Come to our VOCAL CANVAS concert where you can “Hear the Painting and See the Song”.
Jason Madeja and Marc Menet will be rolling the cameras on Tuesday, August 19th while singer Elizabeth Doyle and Claudia Hommel, pianist Eugenia Cheng, and accordionist Patricia Spaeth perform for you A VOCAL CANVAS concert of Songs with a View. The repertoire spans songs and artwork from 1860s to today, Gabriel Fauré and Hugo Wolf, Renoir and Toulouse-Lautrec, Harnick & Bock and Matisse, Frank O'Hara and Jasper Johns, Elizabeth Doyle and Christopher Berg, photographers and contemporary artists.
Using the concert footage, we will tap the magic of cinema to take our story-songs to new places. We'll meld artwork, photos, green-screen and on-site circus footage with Spring the Clown and the MSA Circus Arts, to create a short film as its own work of art.
▪ Take a walk in the woods for a story about family, resilience and the cycle of life, as Elizabeth Doyle [photo at left] sings her composition Like a Tree.
▪ Look under the Big Top for a tale of betrayal and madness as Claudia Hommel perform Bravo pour le clown.
RSVP and DIRECTIONS below
The Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs has awarded me a $5000 grant as seed money to get us going. We’ve also been selected as a Hatchfund Project to help us raise more than $6,000 to complete the film.
Beginning AUGUST 1 through September 15, all donations are tax-deductible and can be made by using the Hatchfund crowd-funding platform.
Be a financial contributor, a patron of the arts, a film producer! From $5 to $5,000, any sum puts your stamp of approval on this project and will be greatly appreciated. At varying levels we offer downloads and DVDs of the finished film, VIP seating at the concert, a trip to the circus, autographed scores and photos, exclusive dinners and house concerts.
Donations can be made online at
or at the concert by check, credit card or cash.
HOW TO BE AN EXTRA:
* Arrive between 6 PM and 6:30 PM. We start filming promptly at 7 PM so you risk being left out if you arrive late.
* Come for an early dinner at the Act One Cafe or grab a drink at the lobby bar.
* Come dressed in business casual or for a night at the theatre. No t-shirts, shorts, loud colors or glitter.
* RSVP at TICKETWEB so we know you're coming.
* Share this invitation far and wide. Come one, come all.
Vocal Canvas Video Shoot